Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fifty Shades of Caitlyn Jenner

So I seemed to have lit a small fire with my post.  I try to stay away from political, religious, etc topics so I avoid this, but once in awhile I feel an itch and post something other than my latest workout or serial killer fantasy.  Oops.

I think I was misunderstood.  I often am.  I talk a lot, most of the time in circles not making sense, and a lot of the time saying something that someone will not exactly agree with!  Hey I tell how I feel, what I think.  This is not always the best thing but you can rest assured that I am honest! So there is that.

As for my post today, and if you did not see it it was this:
   "Just heard that Caitlyn Jenner (Bruce) got more twitter followers in 4 hours than President Obama.  This is what the world has come to.... :("

I meant in no way any disrespect for Caitlyn/Bruce lifestyle/choices/etc.  I think anyone that steps out and lives their life the way they want to with no regrets and no worries about others judging, that is remarkable and something to be proud of.  (I know I for one worry way to much about what people think of me.... I am writing this post because I am worried I upset people!) I have witnessed and stood by many friends that have kept secrets because of what they would do to their life if they let them out. I think you should live the life you want to, how you want to.  As long as you are not hurting someone else in the process, it is your life.  (This could be explained a lot better, I know, I need an editor to help me put my thoughts into words..... Letitia, I NEED YOU -insert business card!)

I guess what I meant is, I know a lot of people who have went through life changing obstacles.  I know several that could be on magazine covers for what they have accomplished, what they have survived, what they have achieved....but they never will be.  No one will care, because they aren't famous and it is not breaking news.

I listen to the radio on the way to the Y to swim and every morning I have to flip through stations to find songs because it is either HOLLYWOOD DIRT/CELEBRITY TRIVIA/CELEBRITY NEWS.  I get to work and on breaks go to read the news and have to scan through 50 different headlines of whatever crap whatever celebrity is doing/has done/or is going to do.  I'll be the first to say I like actors, I mean I have a top 5 list we joke about.  I like the part they play in a show.  When it comes to their real life, WHO CARES??  I do not know them from the guy that just drove by in his car.  Just because I like Paul Spector on The Fall doesn't mean I want to know what Jamie Dornan does on Friday evening at 5pm.  Just because I named my bike Dexter doesn't mean I care who Michael Hall is dating!  Yes, I agree, the news surrounding Jenner, as my friend Valeria put it, "says a lot about the society we live in...." I agree, this story is different.  It also has been done many times before by people who do not have the status and money and popularity that the Kardashian's and Jenner's have. Why can't those stories be told?  Aren't they just as telling of our society as Jenner's?

I counted today.  I read that the new Fifty Shades of Grey book is being released in at least 7 different headlines.  Jenner was in even more.  If you go to Yahoo's News page, the first page is all celebrity news.  You actually have to search for real news.  I like a good story now and then, and yes, I read this one on Jenner, I even read the one on Fifty, but come on, it is a struggle to find non celebrity news online.  Now I do read the newspaper every day and go online to the News Gazette, so there is ways to avoid it, but still.

We were at a baby shower and one of the games was to name the celebrity baby name.  It was fun, don't get me wrong!  Some of the names celebs give their kids are just dreadful!! I think I overheard the answer for one and got that one right, maybe even guessed another.  Some people got almost all right.  That was baffling to me.  I guess it isn't my thing, like watching serial killer shows isn't most people's thing.  I guess there just comes a point when I get sick of hearing about Kim K's butt,  Lindsay Lohan is in jail again, and Ben and Jen are breaking up.....  It just isn't important.  So yes, it surprised me today when the top 2 stories were Caitlyn and Fifty.  I am sorry for offending anyone, like I said, what Caitlyn/Bruce is doing for herself is great and inspiring to anyone that is hiding their true self.  I just feel that we forget that when a celeb does something like that it is remarkable, when a normal average person does it, it is what it is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment